FRITZ!Box 7272 Service - Knowledge Base
Cannot complete registration of a MyFRITZ! account
Registration of a MyFRITZ! account cannot be completed. The "Confirm MyFRITZ! Registration" button in the email from MyFRITZ! does not react when you click it. The MyFRITZ! account cannot be activated.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Repeating the MyFRITZ! registration procedure
The registration link in the email from MyFRITZ! is only valid for a maximum of 48 hours. After that, all information regarding non-registered MyFRITZ! accounts is deleted for security reasons.
If you call up the registration link after it has expired, the MyFRITZ! account cannot be activated. In this case, set up a new MyFRITZ! account with the same email address:
2 Setting up a MyFRITZ! account in the FRITZ!Box again
The MyFRITZ! website does not react when you click the "Confirm MyFRITZ! Registration" button if the MyFRITZ! account has already been activated. In this case, set up the MyFRITZ! account as an existing MyFRITZ! account in the FRITZ!Box:
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "MyFRITZ! Account" in the "Internet" menu.
- If the option "MyFRITZ! enabled for this FRITZ!Box" is displayed, click the "Another MyFRITZ! account" link to the right of the email address.
- Enable the option "Register the FRITZ!Box with an existing MyFRITZ! account".
- In the corresponding fields, enter the email address and MyFRITZ! password you used to register with MyFRITZ!. This is the login information for your MyFRITZ! account required to log in on the myfritz.net website.
- Click "Continue".
- If you are asked to set up a FRITZ!Box user, enter a name and password for the FRITZ!Box user in the corresponding fields and click "Next".
Important:For security reasons, the passwords for the FRITZ!Box user and your MyFRITZ! account must be different.