FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Configuring the FRITZ!Box for use with other FRITZ!Boxes
You can connect your FRITZ!Box to an existing FRITZ!Box and configure it so that it uses the first one's internet connection. This allows you to:
- completely integrate all of the computers, smartphones, and other devices connected to the second FRITZ!Box into your home network. You can use these devices to access the internet as well as other devices in the home network, and they can use all of the functions offered by the FRITZ!Box connected to the internet.
- also use all of the telephone numbers configured in the FRITZ!Box connected to the internet with telephones connected to the second FRITZ!Box.
You can either use a network cable, your home's electrical wiring (powerline), or wireless LAN (WiFi) to establish a network connection between the FRITZ!Boxes. Which connection type is best depends on the operational environment and demands on the data transmission rate.
1 Connecting FRITZ!Boxes with a network cable
- Establish a LAN connection between the FRITZ!Boxes if you
- need network connections with a rate of 100 Mbit/s or 1 Gbit/s in the home network, for example to transmit several HD video streams at the same time.
- cannot connect the FRITZ!Boxes over wireless LAN.
2 Connecting FRITZ!Boxes over powerline
- Establish a powerline connection between the FRITZ!Boxes if you
- need network connections with a rate of 100 Mbit/s or more in the home network, for example for HD video streams.
- cannot use a network cable or wireless LAN to connect the FRITZ!Boxes directly.
3 Connecting the FRITZ!Boxes over wireless LAN
- Establish a wireless connection between the FRITZ!Boxes if you
- do not want to lay network cables or establish a powerline connection between the two FRITZ!Boxes.