FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
Saving the settings and restoring them to the same FRITZ!Box
You can save the settings of your FRITZ!Box to a backup file; if you need to, you can then use this backup to either import all of the settings or only certain ones (for example wireless settings, FRITZ!Box users). In addition to manually creating a backup file as described here, you can also have the push service automatically save your settings for you. The "Save Settings" push service always sends you an email with a newly created backup file before each update and before the factory settings are loaded.
This guide shows you how to restore your settings to the same FRITZ!Box. You can also transfer your settings to another FRITZ!Box.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Saving data from the internal memory
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Storage (NAS)" in the "Home Network" menu.
- If the option "Storage (NAS) enabled" is enabled, click "Internal memory" so that the contents of FRITZ!NAS are displayed.
- Mark the folders and files you want to back up and click "Download".
2 Saving settings
3 Restoring settings
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Restore" tab.
- Click "Browse" and select the file "FRITZ.Box[...].export" with the settings you want to restore.
- Enter the password you entered when saving the file.
- If you only want to restore certain settings, enable the option "Manually select the settings to be restored".
- Click the "Restore" button and confirm that the procedure may be executed on the FRITZ!Box, if you are asked to do so.
- If you want, enable the settings you would like to restore.
- Click "Apply".
4 Registering DECT devices
If DECT devices did not automatically connect to the FRITZ!Box after importing the settings, register them with the FRITZ!Box again. To keep all of the settings, use the FRITZ!Box's button to register them and not the wizard in the FRITZ!Box user interface.