Setting up a DECT door intercom system in the FRITZ!Box
You can register a DECT door intercom system from the manufacturer Telegärtner with the FRITZ!Box and then talk with visitors and open the door when you are away from home if you route the door call to an external telephone number, for example.
Requirements / Restrictions
- A door intercom system from the manufacturer Telegärtner ("DoorLine Slim DECT" model) is being used.
- At least firmware version 1.10 is installed on the door intercom system.
- The camera for the door intercom system saves images in JPG/JPEG, PNG or GIF file format. Other file formats, for example MJPG/MJPEG, are not supported.
- The camera makes the images available via HTTPS, HTTP, or FTP.
- To show the images, a FRITZ!Fon with color display (FRITZ!Fon MT-F, C4, or newer) must be used.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Registering a door intercom system with the FRITZ!Box
- Set your door intercom system to registration mode. The procedure depends on the system. Refer to the manufacturer of the device for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
- Push the "Connect/WPS" button on the FRITZ!Box. Hold down the button for at least 6 seconds until the "Connect/WPS" LED on the FRITZ!Box starts to flash. The FRITZ!Box is in registration mode as long as the LED flashes. Other LEDs may also flash.
2 Configuring the door intercom system
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the (Edit) button for the door intercom system.
- When a bell button is pressed, the door intercom system calls the destination telephone number. In the field "Telephone Number of the Doorbell", enter the number assigned to the individual doorbells in the door intercom system. To open additional fields, click "Add Doorbell".
- From the drop-down list "Route Doorbells to", select the telephones or telephone number the doorbell should be routed to:
Important:You can either select one or several internal numbers, or you can select an external telephone number. You cannot combine internal and external numbers.
- If you want a specific telephone to ring, select the respective telephone.
- If you want all of the connected telephones (broadcast call) to ring, select "All telephones".
- If you want an external telephone number (for example another telephone line, mobile telephone) to ring, select "Telephone number" and enter the destination telephone number.
- If you want several telephones connected to the FRITZ!Box (call group) to ring:
- Select the option "Call group".
- Select up to four telephones to be included in the call group.
- Click "OK".
- Enter a name for the door intercom system.
- From the drop-down list "Outgoing calls via", select the outgoing call number that should be used if you want to route the doorbell to a mobile telephone or an external line.
- If you want to use the "Open" function key on a FRITZ!Fon, enter the character sequence for the door opener.
- If you want to use the "live image" feature, enter the complete web address with the image files in the "Live image" field. This URL must end with the file format of the image (for example image.jpg). The image is then displayed on the FRITZ!Fon when there is a call from the door intercom system. If you set up the "Calls" push service for the door intercom system, the FRITZ!Box sends you a push service mail including a camera image, either for all calls or only for the missed calls.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
3 Notes on the live image displayed by FRITZ!Fon
The FRITZ!Fon only rings three times if you set up the live image function so that video transmission is not disturbed. If you want it to ring longer, add another telephone without live image to the call group. This telephone will continue to signal the call from the door intercom system.
Use the "OK" key to switch between Standard View and zoom, and use the navigation keys to change the area of the image displayed in the zoomed-in view. The selected area is then used for the next call.
AVM Section Navigation