- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Defining display names for telephone numbers
You can assign display names to your telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box. When you make or receive calls, the display name is then shown on the telephone. The name tells you which number was used to make the call or which number a caller dialed.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Activating text information in the FRITZ!Box
- Enter #960*2* on your telephone and press the call key (pick up the handset).
- Hang up again after about 3 seconds.
Note:To deactivate text information display again, enter #960*0*.
2 Defining display names in the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the (Edit) button for the respective telephone number.
- Enter a name of your choice in the "Display name" field. If the field is not displayed, enable the Advanced View.
You can enter "VOIP_12345", "provider_12345, "office", "private" or "12345" as the display name for the internet telephone number 12345.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
AVM Section Navigation