FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
Cannot enable a Mesh Repeater for telephony
A Mesh Repeater cannot be enabled for telephony. When you click the "Enable" link under "Home Network > Mesh > Mesh Settings" in the Mesh Master, the Mesh Repeater is not added to the list of enabled Mesh Repeaters
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Deleting telephone numbers in the Mesh Repeater
If you already set up telephone numbers in the Mesh Repeater, delete these telephone numbers first and then restart the Mesh Master or Mesh Repeater:
- Click on "Telephony" in the user interface of the Mesh Repeater.
- Click "Telephone Numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Delete all of the telephone numbers configured in the Mesh Repeater. To do so, click the corresponding (Delete) button.
2 Deleting an IP telephone in the Mesh Master
When the Mesh Repeater is enabled, an IP telephone is automatically set up for the Mesh Repeater in the Mesh Master. You can set up a maximum of 10 IP telephones in the Mesh Master. If 10 IP telephones have already been set up in the Mesh Master, delete at least one IP telephone:
- Click on "Telephony" in the user interface of the Mesh Master.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Delete a telephone configured for the "LAN/WLAN" connection. To do so, click the corresponding (Delete) button.