Setting up an analog telephone in the FRITZ!Box
You want to connect an analog telephone to the FRITZ!Box and set it up? ✔ It's easy with this guide.
You can connect analog corded telephones and analog cordless telephones with their own base station to the FRITZ!Box. Once you have set up the telephones, you can make calls with them using all of the telephone numbers entered in the FRITZ!Box.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box
Configure all of your telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box:
Configuring internet telephone numbers
- Configure the internet telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box.
Configuring landline numbers
- Configure the landline number in the FRITZ!Box.
2 Connecting the telephone to the FRITZ!Box
- Connect the telephone to an analog extension on the FRITZ!Box (for example "FON 1").
3 Configuring a telephone in the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- If the telephone already exists in the list of telephony devices, click the (Delete) button for the telephone.
- Reconfigure the telephone: Click the "Configure New Device" button.
- Enable the option "Telephone (with or without answering machine)" and click "Next".
- Select the interface (for example "FON 1") to which you connected the telephone and click "Next". A wizard takes you through the configuration.
Important:If you cannot select the socket the telephone is connected to during setup, then another telephony device was already configured for that port. Delete that device.
AVM Section Navigation