FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Listening to internet radio with FRITZ!Fon
You can enter up to 40 internet radio stations in the FRITZ!Box and receive radio broadcasts from radio stations all over the world with your FRITZ!Fon.
Requirements / Restrictions
- No DECT repeaters from other manufacturers are registered with the FRITZ!Box.
- The internet radio station must be saved in the playlist format "pls" or "m3u" and point to an mp3 stream. Other formats cannot be played.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Enabling encryption
The convenience functions offered by your FRITZ!Fon are only available when DECT encryption is active:
- Click "DECT" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Base Station" in the "DECT" menu.
- Enable the option "Permit only secure DECT connections (recommended)" in the "Security" section.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
- If the option was disabled, you must then restart the FRITZ!Box once using the user interface ("System > Backup > Restart").
2 Setting up internet radio
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Media Server" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Web Radio" tab.
- Select the entry "Other web radio station..." from the drop-down list.
- Enter a name for the radio station in the "Name" field.
- Enter the address of the radio station in the "Web address" field.
Note:Links to many internet radio stations can be found at www.shoutcast.com, for example. You can copy the addresses of the stations and use the context menu to paste them into the corresponding field.
- If several FRITZ!Fons are registered with the FRITZ!Box, select the telephones you want to make the radio station available on.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
3 Listening to internet radio
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Scroll to "Internet services" and press "OK".
- "Internet radio" > "OK"
- Select a radio station and press "OK".