FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!Box reports "The update failed" after adding a telephone book
You cannot add the contacts from an email account (online telephone book). One of the following error messages is displayed when the telephone book is refreshed:
- "The update failed. Please check the user data. (13, 14, 17)"
- "The online telephone book could not be refreshed."
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Telephone book contains too many entries
The telephone book may contain a maximum of 1000 entries. If you are using Google Contacts, the contact groups "My Contacts" and "Other Contacts" are both synchronized. The total number of entries in these groups may therefore not exceed 1000 entries.
2 Telephone book does not contain any telephone numbers
The FRITZ!Box only imports telephone book entries that contain telephone numbers. Since telephone books that only contain email addresses are not imported, at least one entry must contain a telephone number.
3 Deleting a telephone book and setting it up again
Deleting a telephone book
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Book" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Switch to the telephone book for your email account.
- Click the (Delete) button and then "OK".
Restarting the FRITZ!Box
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Restart" tab.
- Click the "Restart" button.
Setting up a telephone book again
- Set up the telephone book in the FRITZ!Box.
4 Contacting your provider
If you still cannot add the telephone book, then your account information is not entered correctly, or or there is a problem with your provider:
- Contact your email provider.