FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
Enabling DECT Eco in the FRITZ!Box
The "DECT Eco" function switches off the FRITZ!Box's DECT radio network when all of the cordless telephones are in standby mode. The radio network is switched back on as soon as a telephone comes out of standby mode or you receive a call.
Requirements / Restrictions
- DECT Eco is not available when a radiator control (for example FRITZ!DECT 301) an outlet switch (for example FRITZ!DECT 200), a FRITZ!DECT Repeater, or a FRITZ!Box in DECT repeater mode is registered with the FRITZ!Box.
- All of the registered cordless telephones must support DECT Eco. In addition to the FRITZ!Fon, some other telephones from other manufacturers also support this function. To find out whether your telephones support DECT Eco, see the "DECT > DECT Monitor" menu in the FRITZ!Box user interface. However, AVM cannot guarantee that DECT Eco will function with telephones from other manufacturers.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Enabling DECT Eco
- Click "DECT" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Base Station" in the "DECT" menu.
- Enable the option "DECT Eco" in the "Radio Field Strength" section and define when "DECT Eco" should be enabled.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Note:If the option "DECT Eco" enabled, the time it takes to establish a connection may be slightly increased.
2 Re-registering all telephones
To keep all of the settings, use the telephone's menu and not the wizard in the FRITZ!Box user interface:
- Re-register all of the cordless telephones. It is not necessary to deregister them first.
The DECT radio network of the base station and the cordless telephones is completely switched off as soon as the last call has been completed and there is no further user activity. FRITZ!Fon then displays the word "eco" above the signal strength bars. The base station "wakes up" from standby mode if a call comes in, or a button is pressed on the base station or a telephone.