FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
Using a radiator control in the FRITZ!Box home network
An encrypted DECT connection (DECT ULE) is used to integrate radiator controls into the FRITZ!Box home network. You can then use the FRITZ!Box user interface to set up an individual heating program or operate the thermostat over the internet when you are away from home.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The radiator control is mounted on the radiator valve and has been adapted. You can find information on mounting and adapting it in the manual.
- A maximum of twelve radiator controls can be registered with the FRITZ!Box.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Establishing a DECT connection
- Push the "DECT" button on the FRITZ!Box and hold it down until the "DECT" or "Info" LED on the FRITZ!Box begins to flash.
- Push the "MENU" button on the radiator control within 2 minutes.
- Select the menu item "FUNK" or "Anmeldung" on the radiator control and then push the "OK" button.
- The message "Login was successful" is shown in the display of FRITZ!DECT 301.
- If you have a FRITZ!DECT 300 or Comet DECT, wait until "SUCH" flashes in the display and then push the "OK" button.
The DECT connection is established as soon as the "Radio link" icon in the display of the radiator control lights up continuously.
2 Setting up the radiator control
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Smart Home" in the "Home Network" menu.
- If available, select the option "All smart home devices" in the drop-down list "viewing".
- Click the button (Edit) for the respective device.
- Configure the desired settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Since the radiator control functions according to the DECT ULE (Ultra Low Energy) standard, it communicates with the FRITZ!Box at greater intervals to save energy and minimize DECT radiation. As a result, it may take up to 15 minutes for the settings to be transferred to the radiator control. It may even take up to 60 minutes during vacation switching and the phase when the radiator is turned off. By pushing any button on the radiator control, you can cause the settings to be transmitted immediately.
3 Switching the radiator control over the internet
You can also operate the radiator control when you are away from home: