FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
Cordless telephone rings only once, intermittently, or not at all. However, incoming calls can be answered
A cordless telephone from another manufacturer is registered with the DECT base station of the FRITZ!Box. If you receive a call, the telephone only rings once, only intermittently, or not at all. The telephone can still be used to answer the calls.
1 Cordless telephone does not comply with the DECT standard
The cordless telephone is not fully DECT-GAP-compatible and does not transmit a correct Equipment Manufacturer Code (EM code) to the FRITZ!Box. Therefore, the following happens:
Note:DECT-GAP is a common standard for cordless telephones and wireless data transmission. All FRITZ!Fon models support this standard.
- Due to the incorrect or missing EM code, the FRITZ!Box assumes that the cordless telephone is responsible for the ring tone control. However, the telephone is not capable of it, so neither of the devices takes over the ring tone control.
- The FRITZ!Box assumes the ring tone control because, due to the incorrect or missing EM code, it assumes that the cordless telephone is not capable of it. However, the telephone also assumes ring tone control, which leads to errors.
Changing the ring tone settings
This setting forces the cordless telephone to assume control of the ring tones. However, if the issue persists, the telephone being used is not capable of it.
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the button (Edit) for the respective telephone.
- Click on the "Ring Tones" tab.
- In the "Ring Tone Settings" section, select the option "Handset external ring" from all drop-down lists.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
- If the error persists, consult the manufacturer of the telephone for a solution.
Note:The DECT setting "Enable troubleshooting for cordless telephones not compatible with GAP" on the FRITZ!Box user interface has no effect on this issue.