FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
FRITZ!Box reports "Dynamic DNS: Account temporarily disabled"
The dynamic DNS account you configured in the FRITZ!Box cannot be successfully registered with your dynamic DNS provider. The message "Dynamic DNS [...] Status: account temporarily disabled" is displayed on the overview page of the FRITZ!Box user interface. One of the following error messages may be displayed in the event log of the FRITZ!Box:
- "Dynamic DNS error: Dynamic DNS update is disabled until the dynamic DNS account information is changed."
- "Dynamic DNS error: The DynDNS provider reports error 401 - bad authorization."
- When errors indicating a permanent error with a dynamic DNS account occur, the FRITZ!Box disables the account according to the specifications of the dynamic DNS provider. Such errors include a missing public IP address, incorrect account information, or numerous registration attempts from different dynamic DNS clients. The account remains disabled until you re-enter the registration data in the FRITZ!Box.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Public IP address required for access
You can only use a dynamic DNS service and access the FRITZ!Box over the internet if the FRITZ!Box obtains a public IPv4 address or an IPv6 address from your internet service provider when it connects to the internet:
Access via IPv4
To use IPv4 internet access, the FRITZ!Box must obtain a public IPv4 address from the internet service provider. Access over IPv4 is not possible if the FRITZ!Box obtains a private IPv4 address.
You can find out whether the FRITZ!Box obtained a public or private IPv4 address by following the steps in our guide Identifying the address range of the IPv4 address for the internet connection.
Access via IPv6
To use IPv6 internet access, the FRITZ!Box and the device that is to access the FRITZ!Box must be connected to the internet via IPv6. If only the FRITZ!Box obtains an IPv6 address but the other device is not connected to the internet via IPv6, then IPv6 internet access is not possible.
You can call up the menu "Internet > Online Monitor" in the FRITZ!Box user interface to determine whether the FRITZ!Box is connected to the internet via IPv6.
2 Disabling other dynamic DNS clients
Errors occur if several devices transmit their IP address to the same dynamic DNS account. Therefore, make sure that the dynamic DNS account is only configured in the FRITZ!Box:
- Disable or delete the dynamic DNS account configured in the FRITZ!Box in all devices except for the FRITZ!Box, for example other routers, computers with DynDNS software, or NAS systems.
3 Re-entering the dynamic DNS account information
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Permit Access" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "DynDNS" tab.
- In the "Domain name" field, enter the complete domain name, for example mydomain.dyndns.com. Refer to the dynamic DNS provider for information on the format.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Now the FRITZ!Box transmits its current IP address to the dynamic DNS provider each time it connects to the internet.
4 Contacting your provider
If the dynamic DNS account configured in the FRITZ!Box is still disabled, then the account information is incorrect or the dynamic DNS provider may be experiencing technical difficulties:
- Contact your dynamic DNS provider for a solution.