- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583 VDSL
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530 AX
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
Enabling DECT Eco in the FRITZ!Box
The "DECT Eco" function switches off the FRITZ!Box's DECT radio network when all of the cordless telephones are in standby mode. The radio network is switched on again as soon as a telephone is no longer in standby mode or you receive a call.
Requirements / Restrictions
- DECT Eco is not available if a smart home device (for example a FRITZ!DECT radiator control or a FRITZ!DECT outlet switch), a FRITZ!DECT Repeater, or a FRITZ!Box in DECT repeater mode is registered with the FRITZ!Box.
- All of the registered cordless telephones must support DECT Eco. Besides the FRITZ!Fon, some telephones from other manufacturers also support this function. You can check whether your telephones support DECT Eco under "Telephony > DECT > Monitor" in the FRITZ!Box user interface. However, AVM cannot guarantee that DECT Eco will work with telephones from other manufacturers.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Enabling DECT Eco
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "DECT" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Enable the option "DECT Eco" in the "Radio Field Strength" section and define when "DECT Eco" should be enabled.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Note:If the option "DECT Eco" enabled, the time it takes to establish a connection may be slightly increased.
2 Re-registering all telephones
To keep all of the settings, use the telephone's menu and not the wizard in the FRITZ!Box user interface:
- Re-register all of the cordless telephones. It is not necessary to deregister them first.
The DECT radio network of the base station and the cordless telephones is switched off completely as soon as the last call has been completed and there is no further user activity. FRITZ!Fon then displays the word "eco" above the signal strength bars. The base station "wakes up" from standby mode when a call comes in or a button on the base station or a telephone is pressed.
AVM Section Navigation