- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Loading the FRITZ!Box factory settings
Load the factory settings to delete all of the individual settings you have made in the FRITZ!Box. This makes sense if you are going to use the FRITZ!Box at a different location or are planning to pass the FRITZ!Box on to another user, for example. In addition, this deletes incorrect settings that prevent the FRITZ!Box from working correctly.
You can either use the user interface or a telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box to load the factory settings.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Loading the factory settings with the user interface
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Factory Settings" tab.
- Click the "Load Factory Settings" button.
2 Loading factory settings with a telephone
IP telephones, for example FRITZ!App Fon, cannot be used to send key commands to the FRITZ!Box; for this reason, you cannot load the factory settings with IP telephones:
Configuring a telephone to use the keypad function
Keypad sequences are strings of characters and numbers that you can use to enable or disable functions. You can use keypad sequences immediately with telephones, such as FRITZ!Fon C5, that are registered with the base station of your FRITZ!Box. If you are using a cordless telephone that is not registered with the FRITZ!Box's base station, you must configure the keypad function first:
- Configure the telephone so you can send keypad sequences (sequences of characters and numbers, such as *121#) and enter special characters such as * and # with it. On many telephones, you can configure this function in the menu "Operation at a PBX > Dialing options > Dial * and #".
Loading the factory settings
- Enter #991*15901590* on the telephone and press the call key (pick up the handset).
- Hang up again after about 3 seconds.
- All LEDs flash once during this procedure. The "WLAN" LED remains lit as soon as the factory settings have finished loading.
AVM Section Navigation