- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583 VDSL
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530 AX
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6850 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5530 Fiber
Transmission rate of LAN connections is only 100 Mbit/s
The maximum transmission rate of the LAN connection between the FRITZ!Box and a computer, NAS system, or other devices is 100 Mbit/s, although the device supports gigabit LAN.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Adjusting the FRITZ!Box's LAN settings
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Enable "Power Mode" (1 Gbit/s) for all of the LAN ports being used.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Connecting the device directly to the FRITZ!Box
This step is only necessary if the device is not directly connected to the FRITZ!Box, but through a hub/switch, powerline adapter, LAN/Wi-Fi converter, or other devices instead:
- Connect the device directly to a LAN port on the FRITZ!Box. If possible, use the network cable included with the FRITZ!Box.
- If you can establish a gigabit LAN connection to the FRITZ!Box now, then the intermediary device or its cabling does not support gigabit LAN:
- Make sure that the devices support gigabit LAN.
- Update the software / firmware of the devices.
- Use different network cables to connect the devices to the FRITZ!Box. Use the shortest possible high-quality network cables (CAT-5e).
3 Testing a different cable
The device may be connected to the FRITZ!Box by means of a network cable that is too long, incorrectly wired, or defective:
- Use the shortest possible high-quality network cable to connect the device to the FRITZ!Box, for example the network cable included with the FRITZ!Box.
Note:Any standard STP-type (Shielded Twisted Pair, 1:1) CAT-5e Ethernet cable with a maximum length of 100 m can be used to connect a network device to the FRITZ!Box.
4 Installing the latest software for network adapters
- Install the latest driver for the computer's LAN network adapter or the latest software for the device.
Note:Since Windows Update often does not install the latest device drivers, install the drivers from the manufacturer's website (for example Intel, Broadcom, Realtek).
5 Disabling energy-saving functions for the network adapter
- If energy-saving functions are enabled for the computer's LAN network adapter or the device, disable them for testing purposes.
Note:In Windows, different power saving functions can be set for many network adapters under "Properties > Power Management" in the Device Manager.
AVM Section Navigation