FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!Fon reports "Correct password?"
When you attempt to receive emails on your FRITZ!Fon, the telephone displays the message "Correct password?" and you do not receive your email.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Adjusting your Google account settings
With Google, in some cases this message is displayed even though you entered the correct account information:
Note:For further information, refer to the Google Accounts Help Center and search for "Password incorrect".
2 Correcting the email account information
- Click "DECT" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Web Services" or "Internet Services" in the "DECT" menu.
- Click the button (Edit) for the respective email account.
- Enter your complete email address in the "Email address" field.
- Enter the password for your email account.
- If the FRITZ!Box does not automatically fill in the information, also enter the name of your provider's POP3 server.
For Google enter "pop.googlemail.com" for the POP3 server.
- Enable the option "This server supports a secure connection (SSL)" if necessary.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
3 Contacting your provider
- Contact your email provider.