FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
Using a debit card reader
You can connect a debit card reader to an analog extension or a LAN port on your FRITZ!Box and then use the device to read debit cards.
Important:If the debit card reader has a LAN port (Ethernet), connect the device to a LAN port on the FRITZ!Box and then configure it for use in the FRITZ!Box home network.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring a debit card reader as a telephone
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the "Configure New Device" button and follow the instructions.
- Enable the option "Telephone (with or without answering machine)" and click "Next".
- If you cannot select the extension the device is connected to when configuring it, then another telephony device has already been configured for this extension. You must delete this device first.