Connecting FRITZ!Powerline with the home network via powerline
Connect your FRITZ!Powerline adapter to your FRITZ!Box via powerline to add an additional wireless access point to your home network quickly and easily. This way you will have ideal Wi-Fi reception and high-speed connections to the internet and home network, even when outside the Wi-Fi range of your FRITZ!Box.
If you use the same Wi-Fi settings in the FRITZ!Powerline adapter and the FRITZ!Box, your wireless devices automatically connect with the Wi-Fi network with the strongest signal (Wi-Fi roaming).
Fig.: Connection scenario for powerline bridge mode
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Loading the factory settings of the FRITZ!Powerline adapter
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Powerline adapter must be set to factory settings:
- Plug the FRITZ!Powerline adapter into a power outlet.
- Wait about 1 minute until the "WLAN" LED remains lit.
- Push the corresponding button on the device:
Model Button Duration FRITZ!Powerline 540E / 546E "WLAN/WPS" and "Powerline · Security" 10 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 1240E "WLAN-WPS/Powerline · Security" 15 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 1260E "Connect" 15 seconds
- All of the LEDs flash once during this process. The "Power" LED or "WLAN" LED remains lit as soon as the factory settings have finished loading.
2 Connecting the FRITZ!Powerline adapter with the home network
- Connect FRITZ!Powerline adapters without Wi-Fi support to a LAN port in your home network (for example on a FRITZ!Box, FRITZ!Repeater).
3 Connecting FRITZ!Powerline adapters with each other
FRITZ!Powerline adapters from a set are already connected with each other and do not require any additional settings before being used. If you bought the FRITZ!Powerline adapters individually, you must connect the powerline adapters with each other first:
AVM Section Navigation