- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Using an Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in the FRITZ!Box home network
You can easily connect an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from Apple to the wireless network (WiFi) of your FRITZ!Box. The iOS device can then access the internet and play multimedia content such as photos, videos, and music.
Note:Here we show you how to connect an Apple iOS device to the FRITZ!Box using an iPhone with iOS 12.2 as an example.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Box automatically assigns the correct IP settings to all devices via DHCP. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, re-enable it:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button. If the button is not displayed, enable the Advanced View.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Connecting the iOS device to the FRITZ!Box
- Tap "Settings" on the home screen.
- Tap "Wi-Fi" in the "Settings" menu.
- If wireless LAN is switched off, tap the "On / Off" symbol.
- Under "Choose a network..." tap the name of the FRITZ!Box's wireless network (SSID) (see fig.).
Note:If you do not know the name of the wireless network (SSID) and the network key for your FRITZ!Box, determine your FRITZ!Box's wireless settings.
Fig.: Selecting FRITZ!Box's wireless network
- Enter the FRITZ!Box's network key in the "Password" field and tap "Join".
Now the iOS device is connected to the internet via the FRITZ!Box. It can play multimedia content from media servers in the home network with suitable apps, for example.
3 Using an iOS device with the FRITZ!Box
Accessing the FRITZ!Box over the internet
If you want to securely access your FRITZ!Box or a USB storage device connected to the FRITZ!Box, or control your smart home devices over the internet when you are away from home:
If you want to securely access your FRITZ!Box over the internet when you are away from home:
- Set up MyFRITZ!App.
Setting up a VPN connection to the FRITZ!Box
If you want to establish a securely encrypted network connection (VPN, Virtual Private Network) to your FRITZ!Box and devices in the home network over your iOS device's internet connection:
Note:Whenever a VPN connection is active, all web requests are routed over the FRITZ!Box. This guarantees tap- and tamper-proof communication when using all web services, such as email and online banking, in a public wireless hotspot with your iOS device.
- Set up a VPN connection to the FRITZ!Box.
AVM Section Navigation