FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Starting network devices over the internet (Wake on LAN)
With the "Wake on LAN" function you can start computers, NAS systems, and other network devices in your FRITZ!Box home network over the internet. This way you can use remote maintenance software to access one of your computers at any time, without having to always keep the computer on, for example.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The device must be connected to a LAN port on the FRITZ!Box.
- The device must support the ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface) standard.
- The device must be configured for sleep mode "S3", "S4" or "S5".
- To use IPv4 internet access, the FRITZ!Box must obtain a public IPv4 address from the internet service provider.
- To use IPv6 internet access, the FRITZ!Box must obtain an IPv6 address from the internet service provider.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Allowing a device to start automatically when accessed from internet
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Connections" tab.
- Click the (Edit) button for the device you want to configure.
- Enable the option "Start this computer automatically as soon as it is accessed from the internet".
Note:You can click the "Start Computer" button to start the device directly from standby mode and easily test whether it supports "Wake on LAN".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.