- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Wireless network switches itself on and/or off
The FRITZ!Box's wireless network (WiFi) switches itself on and/or off.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
1 Checking the event log of the FRITZ!Box
The wireless network may be switched on or off accidentally because the "WLAN" button on the FRITZ!Box is pressed, for example by children or pets. Therefore, check the FRITZ!Box event log for events that occurred when the wireless network switched itself on or off:
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Event Log" in the "System" menu.
- Select "Wireless" from the drop-down list.
- Check whether the message "Wireless LAN was enabled using the 'WLAN' button" or "Wireless LAN was disabled using the 'WLAN' button" is displayed.
- If this message is not displayed, proceed with the following section.
- If the message is displayed, enable keylock in the FRITZ!Box user interface under "System > Buttons and LEDs > Keylock" to prevent the wireless network from being switched on or off when a button is pressed.
2 Disabling the schedule for the wireless network
A schedule for the wireless network may have been configured. If you do not want the schedule to switch the wireless network on and off, disable it:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Schedule" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Disable the option "Use schedule for wireless radio network".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
AVM Section Navigation