FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!VPN Connection requests an unknown password before establishing connection
The FRITZ!VPN software asks for a password before establishing a VPN connection, although you did not set one.
- The password request in FRITZ!VPN is not correctly configured.
Note:The first time you start FRITZ!VPN, a window appears where you can set a password. If you enabled the option "Do not display this message again" and then closed the window with "Cancel" or "Close window" without entering a password, then the password request appears each time you try to establish a connection.
1 Disabling the password request in FRITZ!VPN
- Click the "Settings" button in FRITZ!VPN.
- Click on the "Password" tab.
- Disable the option "Request password on connecting".
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.