Integrating FRITZ!Repeater into the Mesh via Wi-Fi
Integrate your FRITZ!Repeater into the Mesh of your FRITZ!Box via Wi-Fi to increase the Wi-Fi range of your home network easily and efficiently. As a Mesh Repeater, the FRITZ!Repeater automatically adopts all of the Wi-Fi settings from the FRITZ!Box (Mesh Master), such as access information and guest access, and can be used directly by all of the wireless devices in the home network.
As soon as the FRITZ!Repeater is integrated into the Mesh, it is marked in the user interface of the Mesh Master with the Mesh symbol :
Fig.: Mesh overview with FRITZ!Repeater in wireless bridge mode
Requirements / Restrictions
- FRITZ!OS 7 or later is installed on the FRITZ!Repeater.
Important:You can find instructions on setting up older FRITZ!Repeater models that do not support Mesh at en.avm.de/service under "FRITZ!WLAN > More models > [FRITZ!Repeater model] > Knowledge Base" if you search for "connect repeater".
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Repeater must be set to factory settings:
- Load the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings.
2 Integrating the FRITZ!Repeater into the Mesh at the touch of a button
To integrate the FRITZ!Repeater into the Mesh, simply connect it with the Mesh Master at the touch of a button:
- For setup, position the FRITZ!Repeater near the Mesh Master.
- Wait about 1 minute until the "Power" LED and "WLAN" LED on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit or the "Connect" LED on the FRITZ!Repeater flashes slower.
- Briefly push the "WPS" or "Connect" button on the FRITZ!Repeater (for about 1 second) and let go of it again. When you release the button, the "WLAN" LED starts to flash or the "Connect" LED starts to flash quickly.
- Within 2 minutes: Briefly push the "WPS" button on the Mesh Master for about 1 second and let go of it again. The "WLAN" LED starts to flash after you release the "WPS" button.
- The FRITZ!Repeater is fully integrated into the Mesh about 5 seconds after one or more signal strength LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit or the LED for connection quality glows green.
3 Finding the ideal location for the FRITZ!Repeater
To extend the range as much as possible, the FRITZ!Repeater requires a fast and stable Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box:
- Position the FRITZ!Repeater so that, depending on the model, at least three of its five signal strength LEDs light up or the LED for connection quality glows green and not orange. You can find tips on positioning it in the guide Finding the ideal location for the Mesh Repeater.
AVM Section Navigation