FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
Generating support data
To process your request, we need the support data from your FRITZ!Box. On a computer, Android smartphone or tablet, generate the support data while or as immediately as possible after the error occurs.
Do not manually restart your device(s) before generating the support data, for example by unplugging it. You cannot generate support data on an iPhone or iPad because iOS devices do not save all of the data.
Note:The support data contains your FRITZ!Box settings and the event log. The data will only be used for processing your request and will not be passed on to third parties. The support data will be deleted after your case has been closed at the latest.
1 Installing a Lab version
It only makes sense to analyze the error when using a version that reflects the current state of FRITZ!OS development. Therefore, install the latest lab version for your FRITZ!Box:
- Download the lab version for your FRITZ!Box model from FRITZ! Lab to your computer.
- Unzip the ZIP file to your computer, for example to the Desktop.
- Install the lab version (image file) for your FRITZ!Box as described in the infolab.txt file.
Note:You can reinstall the regular FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box at any time. See the file infolab.txt for information on the procedure.
2 Generating support data for the FRITZ!Box
- In the FRITZ!Box user interface, click "Contents" on the bottom left of the page and then on "FRITZ!Box Support" at the bottom.
Fig.: Links to "Contents" and "FRITZ!Box Support" in the user interface
- Click the "Generate Support Data" button.
- Select the option "Save" and save the support data as a TXT file. It may take a few minutes to save. Do not change the name or format of the file.
- If possible, create a ZIP file containing the support data.
Note:In Windows, you can create ZIP files by right-clicking the file and then selecting "Send to" and "Compressed (zipped) Folder" from the context menu. In macOS, select the file and the select "Compress".