FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
Setting up FRITZ!App Cam
You can use FRITZ!App Cam to easily transform your Android smartphone or tablet into a webcam. FRITZ!App Cam automatically records what happens in front of the camera and makes it available on a web page. You can then easily call it up in a web browser in the home network or over the internet.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The smartphone or tablet must have at least one camera.
- Android 4.0 or later is installed on the smartphone or tablet.
- The latest FRITZ!OS must be installed on the FRITZ!Box.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Creating a MyFRITZ! account and setting it up in the FRITZ!Box
Configuring the FRITZ!Box to allow applications to access it
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Box is configured to allow applications to access it. If you changed the FRITZ!Box's settings, configure it so that it will once again allow applications to access it:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Enable the option "Allow access for applications" in the "Access Settings in the Home Network" section. If the section is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Installing FRITZ!App Cam
- Download FRITZ!App Cam from the Google Play Store and install the app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Start FRITZ!App Cam.
- If you want to protect access to the camera image from the internet with a password, enable password protection and enter a password in the "password" field.
- Define whether "HTTP" (standard) or "HTTPS" should be used to access the camera images.
- If you want to use a port other than 8080 (standard) to access the camera image, enter the number of the port to be used for the connection in the "Port" field.
- Enter the name and password of a FRITZ!Box user who is authorized to access the FRITZ!Box user interface ("FRITZ!Box settings").
Note:You can edit the access rights of FRITZ!Box users in the FRITZ!Box user interface under "System > FRITZ!Box Users".
- If there are several FRITZ!Boxes in the home network, FRITZ!App Cam asks you to select a FRITZ!Box. In this case, select the FRITZ!Box that establishes the internet connection; it must also be the one you configured MyFRITZ! in.
- Tap the "OK" button to complete the configuration.
When you start FRITZ!App Cam, the app displays the current camera image. Now you can also view it over the internet. You can use the "Share" function in the app to send the MyFRITZ! Access link for FRITZ!App Cam to your friends or family.
Note:With some Android devices, you can also use camera functions such as lighting and focus with FRITZ!App Cam.