FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
Accessing the FRITZ!Box over the internet
You can set up secure access to your FRITZ!Box over the internet and then access the FRITZ!Box user interface, for example.
In order to protect you against unauthorized access, internet access to the FRITZ!Box is possible only via an encrypted HTTPS connection (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) and requires the entry of a user name and password.
Note:In this guide we show you how to access the FRITZ!Box using the MyFRITZ! service. If you already use a different dynamic DNS service, you can also use the dynamic DNS domain name to access the FRITZ!Box.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The FRITZ!Box must obtain a public IPv4 address or an IPv6 address from the internet service provider.
2 Using MyFRITZ! to access the FRITZ!Box
- Call up myfritz.net in a web browser.
- In the corresponding fields, enter the email address and MyFRITZ! password you used to register with MyFRITZ!, and click "Log In".
Fig.: Logging into myfritz.net
- Solve the CAPTCHA.
- In the MyFRITZ! device overview, click on the FRITZ!Box you want to access.
- You will now be redirected to the MyFRITZ! home page of the FRITZ!Box.
- If the web browser says that the connection is not trusted or not safe, confirm the security warning as follows:
Note:The connection to the FRITZ!Box does not pose a security risk. The web browser only displays this warning because the FRITZ!Box's individual security certificate is unknown to third party organizations that validate certificates.
- Google Chrome: "Advanced > Proceed to [...].myfritz.net (unsafe)".
- Mozilla Firefox: "Advanced > Add Exception... > Confirm Security Exception".
- Microsoft Edge: "Continue to this webpage (not recommended)".
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: "Continue to this website (not recommended)."
- Apple Safari: "Continue".
- Enter the password that you entered when setting up your MyFRITZ! account for the FRITZ!Box user and click "Log In".
Now the MyFRITZ! home page of your FRITZ!Box opens.