Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box via LAN
Connect your FRITZ!Repeater to your FRITZ!Box via LAN to easily and efficiently add an additional wireless access point to your home network. This way you will have ideal wireless reception and high-speed connections to the internet and home network, even when outside the wireless range (WiFi) of your FRITZ!Box.
If you use the same wireless settings in the FRITZ!Repeater and the FRITZ!Box, your wireless devices automatically connect with the wireless network with the strongest signal (wireless roaming).
Fig.: Connection scenario for LAN bridge mode
Requirements / Restrictions
- The FRITZ!Repeater must be equipped with a LAN port.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Repeater must be set to factory settings:
- Load the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings.
2 Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box
To set up the FRITZ!Repeater as a LAN bridge, first connect it to the FRITZ!Box via wireless LAN:
- For setup, place the FRITZ!Repeater near the FRITZ!Box. If the FRITZ!Repeater is already connected to the home network over LAN, clear this connection.
- Wait about 1 minute until the "Power" LED and "WLAN" LED on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit or the "Connect" LED on the FRITZ!Repeater flashes more slowly.
- Briefly push the "WPS" or "Connect" button on the FRITZ!Repeater (for about 1 second) and let go of it again. The "WLAN" LED starts to flash or the "Connect" LED starts to flash quickly after you release the button.
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold down the "WLAN" button on the FRITZ!Box for about 6 second until the "WLAN" LED flashes.
- One or more signal strength LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit or the LED for connection quality glows green as soon as setup is completed.
3 Configuring the FRITZ!Repeater as a LAN bridge
- Click "Access to Home Network" in the user interface of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Click the "Change type of connection" button in the "Access to Home Network" menu.
- Enable the option "LAN bridge" and click "Next".
- Select which IP settings the FRITZ!Repeater should use and click "Next".
- Keep the wireless settings displayed for the FRITZ!Repeater and click "Next".
- Click "Finish" to save the settings.
4 Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the home network
- Connect the FRITZ!Repeater to a LAN port in your home network (for example on a FRITZ!Box, FRITZ!Powerline adapter).
Now the FRITZ!Repeater is integrated into the home network and is available as an additional wireless access point. The signal strength LEDs or the LED for connection quality indicate the quality of the wireless connection of the first device to establish a connection to the FRITZ!Repeater's wireless network.
AVM Section Navigation