FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
Using a debit card reader with the FRITZ!Box
If your debit card reader has a network port or is equipped with wireless LAN (WiFi), you can simply connect it to a LAN port or the wireless network of your FRITZ!Box and use it to read debit cards.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
The FRITZ!Box is configured as a DHCP server in the factory settings. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, configure the following settings:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Configuring a debit card reader
The debit card reader needs specific IP settings in order to communicate with the FRITZ!Box:
- Configure the debit card reader to automatically obtain IP settings (DHCP client). Refer to the manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
3 Connecting the debit card reader to the FRITZ!Box
- Use a network cable to connect the debit card reader to a LAN port on the FRITZ!Box,
- or, if the debit card reader is equipped with wireless LAN:
- Connect the debit card reader to the FRITZ!Box's wireless network.
The debit card reader is now connected to the FRITZ!Box and can be used to read debit cards.
Note:Refer to the manufacturer for further information on how to set up the debit card reader.