FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Using an IP camera in the FRITZ!Box home network
You can simply use a network cable or wireless LAN (WiFi) to connect an IP camera (network camera) to your FRITZ!Box. Then you can easily follow what is happening in front of the camera with a web browser or an app, either in the home network or via the internet when you are away from home.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The IP camera must be equipped with a network port or wireless LAN. IP cameras with USB ports are not supported.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Box automatically assigns the correct IP settings to all devices via DHCP. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, reenable it:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button. If the button is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Configuring the IP camera
Make sure that the IP camera obtains its IP settings from the FRITZ!Box:
- Configure the IP camera to automatically obtain IP settings via DHCP (this is the standard setting for most IP cameras). Refer to the manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
3 Connecting the IP camera to the FRITZ!Box
- Either use a network cable or wireless LAN to connect the IP camera to the FRITZ!Box.
The IP camera is now connected to the FRITZ!Box and is available to the entire home network.
Note:Refer to the manufacturer for further information on how to set up the IP camera and access it.
4 Setting up internet access to the IP camera
The following steps are only necessary if you want to access the IP camera over the internet when you are away from home or grant friends internet access to the IP camera:
- Set up the IP camera so that it can be accessed from the internet. If you use more than one IP camera, configure different ports for internet access in each camera.
- If you want to use a a web browser to access the IP camera, set up a MyFRITZ! access for the camera in the FRITZ!Box.
- If you want to use an app or other software to access the IP camera:
- In the FRITZ!Box, configure port sharing for the ports and IP protocols used by the camera.
- Configure the app or software so that it can access the camera.