FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
"Info" LED flashes
The "Info" LED on your FRITZ!Box indicates various operation statuses. If the "Info" LED flashes, this indicates a malfunction of the FRITZ!Box or various events, for example receipt of a new message or a missed call. In this guide we describe the various causes and how to stop the flashing.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 "Info" LED flashes since updating FRITZ!OS
Perform the following steps if the LED started to flash after installing an update:
2 Checking the events and stopping the flashing
The FRITZ!Box user interface offers you a choice of events that can cause the "Info" LED to flash.
Checking which event is configured for the "Info" LED
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Buttons and LEDs" in the "System" menu.
- Check which event was defined for the "Info" LED.
Stopping the flashing
If the event "Missed call: LED flashes" was selected:
- Press the call key (lift the receiver) on a telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box.
Important:You cannot use an IP telephone (for example FRITZ!App Fon) to reset the FRITZ!Box's "Info" LED!
Note:If the telephone is connected to a PBX for which automatic outside line access is not enabled, you must first enter the number required to access an outside line (for example "0").
If the event "New answering machine message: LED flashes" was selected:
- Listen to all new messages.
If the event "Free data volume / free online time exhausted" was selected:
- Increase the values given for the data volume or number of hours per month that you entered on the "Online Meter" tab under "Internet > Online Monitor"; if necessary, contact your provider about purchasing additional data volume or connection time.