FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Using an Android device in the FRITZ!Box home network
You can easily connect an Android smartphone or tablet to the wireless network (WiFi) of the FRITZ!Box. The Android device can then access the internet and conduct calls over the FRITZ!Box.
Note:Here we show you how to connect an Android device to the FRITZ!Box using Android 8.1 ("Oreo") as an example.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Box automatically assigns the correct IP settings to all devices via DHCP. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, reenable it:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button. If the button is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Connecting an Android device with the FRITZ!Box
Note:It is especially easy to use FRITZ!App WLAN to connect your Android devices to the FRITZ!Box.
- Tap the "Settings" icon on the home screen of the Android device.
- Tap "Network & Internet" in the "Settings" menu.
- Tap "WiFi".
- If wireless LAN is switched off, tap the "OFF" symbol next to the "Wi-Fi" option to enable wireless LAN.
- Tap the connection with the wireless network name (SSID) of the FRITZ!Box.
Note:If you do not know the name of the wireless network (SSID) and the network key for your FRITZ!Box, determine your FRITZ!Box's wireless settings.
- Enter the FRITZ!Box's network key in the "Password" field and tap "Connect".
3 Using an Android device with the FRITZ!Box
Conducting calls over the FRITZ!Box
If you want to make calls at home using the telephone numbers configured in the FRITZ!Box:
- Set up FRITZ!App Fon.
Setting up a VPN connection to the FRITZ!Box
If you want to establish a securely encrypted network connection (VPN, Virtual Private Network) to your FRITZ!Box and devices in the home network over your Android device's internet connection:
Note:Whenever a VPN connection is active, all web requests are routed over the FRITZ!Box. This enables you to access all internet services, such as email and online banking, with your Android device even in public wireless hotspots, while protecting you against data interception and manipulation.
- Set up a VPN connection to the FRITZ!Box.