- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Using an Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in the FRITZ!Box home network
You can easily connect an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from Apple to the Wi-Fi network of your FRITZ!Box. The iOS device can then access the internet and conduct calls over the FRITZ!Box.
Note:Here we show you how to connect an Apple iOS device to the FRITZ!Box using an iPhone with iOS 13.4 as an example.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Box automatically assigns the correct IP settings to all devices via DHCP. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, re-enable it:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button. If the button is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Connecting the iOS device to the FRITZ!Box
- Tap "Settings" on the home screen.
- Tap "Wi-Fi" in the "Settings" menu.
- If Wi-Fi is switched off, tap the "On / Off" symbol.
- Under "Choose a network..." tap the name of the FRITZ!Box's Wi-Fi network (SSID). If the FRITZ!Box's Wi-Fi network is not displayed, follow the steps in our guide FRITZ!Box's Wi-Fi network cannot be found.
Note:If necessary, you can determine the Wi-Fi network name and network key of the FRITZ!Box as described in our guide Setting up a Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box.
- Enter the FRITZ!Box's network key in the "Password" field and tap "Join".
3 Using an iOS device with the FRITZ!Box
Conducting calls over the FRITZ!Box
If you want to make calls at home using the telephone numbers configured in the FRITZ!Box:
- Set up FRITZ!App Fon.
Setting up a VPN connection to the FRITZ!Box
If you want to establish a securely encrypted network connection (VPN, Virtual Private Network) to your FRITZ!Box and devices in the home network over your iOS device's internet connection:
Note:Whenever a VPN connection is active, all web requests are routed over the FRITZ!Box. This guarantees tap- and tamper-proof communication when using all web services, such as email and online banking, in a public public Wi-Fi hotspot with your iOS device.
- Set up a VPN connection to the FRITZ!Box.
AVM Section Navigation