FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
Individual application cannot access internet
A specific application cannot access the internet, although you can access the internet with different applications on the same computer or device. For example, a virus scanner cannot download updates, a browser game cannot connect to the game server, or Amazon Fire TV or Netflix cannot connect to a server.
The application may display one of the following error messages:
- "Server is not responding."
- "Server not found."
- "Failed to connect to server."
- "Online update has failed"
- "Network error when downloading updates."
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Disabling parental controls for the device
The FRITZ!Box's parental controls may be preventing internet access. Therefore, assign the respective device to the "Unrestricted" access profile for testing purposes:
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Filters" in the "Internet" menu.
- Select the access profile "Unrestricted" for the respective device from the drop-down list.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
If the application is now able to access the internet, then the filter for web pages (blacklist, whitelist) in the parental controls was blocking it. When it is enabled, applications cannot directly access IP addresses on the internet, for example. You can either choose to not restrict internet access for the respective device, or you can adjust the filter for web pages.
2 Setting up port sharing in the FRITZ!Box
The following steps are only necessary if you are experiencing problems with joining online games or chats:
Note:By default, the FRITZ!Box's firewall protects all of the devices in the home network from incoming connections and unwanted data from the internet. However, in order to use certain online games (for example Call of Duty) and individual chat applications, other users from the internet must be able to access your computers and game consoles.
- If the application supports UPnP (Universal Plug and Play): Set up the FRITZ!Box for automatic port sharing. The application itself can then open all of the ports in the FRITZ!Box that it requires.
- If the application does not support UPnP: Configure static port sharing for the application in the FRITZ!Box.
3 Configuring the firewall
A firewall on the device may be preventing individual applications from accessing the internet:
- Configure the firewall on the device according to the manufacturer's instructions so that the application in question has unrestricted access to the internet: