FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
Configuring a static IP route in the FRITZ!Box
Using a static IP route allows all devices in a network with multiple IP networks (subnets) to access the internet via the FRITZ!Box.
Example values used in this guide
In this guide we show you how to set up internet access for devices in their own IP network that are connected to the FRITZ!Box by means of a router. When you set up the devices, replace the values used in this example with actual values.
- IP network of the FRITZ!Box:
192.168.20.0 (subnet mask: 24 - 255.255.255.0)
- IP network of the router connected to the FRITZ!Box:
192.168.21.0 (subnet mask: 24 - 255.255.255.0)
- IP addresses of the router in the FRITZ!Box network:
192.168.20.2 and 192.168.21.1
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring a static IP route in the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click "IPv4 Routes". If the button is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Click the "New IPv4 Route" button.
- Enter the IP network of the network router connected to the FRITZ!Box (192.168.21.0) as the "IPv4 network".
- Enter the subnet mask of the other IP network (255.255.255.0) in the "Subnet mask" field.
- For the "Gateway", enter the IP address of the network router in the FRITZ!Box home network (192.168.20.2) that connects the two IP networks.
- Enable the option "IPv4 route active".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Configuring the IP route in the network router
- Configure the network router according to the manufacturer's instructions so that it routes between the FRITZ!Box's IP network (192.168.20.0) and its own IP network (192.168.21.0).
Note:If you are using a Windows computer with several network adapters as the router, you must enable "IP routing" in Windows. Refer to Microsoft for information on how to set it up.
3 Configuring network devices in the network router's IP network
- Either: On the devices, configure the IP address of the network router from its own IP network (192.168.21.1) as the default gateway.
- Or: On the devices, configure a static IP route to the IP network of the FRITZ!Box (192.168.20.0) that uses the network router as the gateway (192.168.21.1).
Now the devices of the second IP network can access the FRITZ!Box's internet connection.