FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Configuring IPv6 support in the FRITZ!Box
The Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) is the successor to IPv4, which is currently the most common protocol for the communication between computers on the internet and in the local network (LAN). Over the course of the coming years, internet communication will experience a seamless transition. This means that during a transition phase, both protocols will be used in parallel.
To use IPv6, you will have to configure this new internet protocol in the FRITZ!Box as well as on the computers, smartphones, and other devices connected to it.
Note:The FRITZ!Box allows the use of IPv6 and IPv4 at the same time (dual stack principle). This means that all functions of the FRITZ!Box remain available even after setting up IPv6.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
- Configure the devices connected to the FRITZ!Box for use with IPv6.
2 Setting up a IPv6 connection in the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Account Information" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "IPv6" tab. If the tab is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Click the (Help) symbol on the top right.
- Enable the option "IPv6 support enabled" and configure the IPv6 connection as described in the FRITZ!Box help.
Important:The German Telekom supports IPv6 according to "3GPP Release 8". Currently, other mobile network operators normally do not support IPv6.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
3 Adjusting the IPv6 settings for the home network
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv6 Addresses" button. If the button is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Enable the option "Assign unique local addresses (ULA) as long as no IPv6 connection exists (recommended)".
- Enable the option "Enable DHCPv6 server in the FRITZ!Box for the home network" and "Only assign DNS server".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.