- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Setting up call diversion in the FRITZ!Box
Call diversion allows you to automatically divert all calls or only selected calls to another line, a specific telephone, or an answering machine. Calls are either diverted by the FRITZ!Box, or they are forwarded through your telephony provider's exchange.
For example, you can specify that all calls to a specific telephone number are forwarded to a different line, or that all calls are forwarded to a different line when your line is busy.
Requirements / Restrictions
- For security reasons, you cannot set up call diversions to premium-rate numbers.
- Calls from "important persons" in your telephone book are forwarded as a parallel call with some types of call diversion. For example, if all calls are diverted immediately, the telephones still ring when these callers call.
- Internal calls cannot be diverted.
1 Setting up call diversion
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Call Handling" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Call Diversion" tab.
- Click the "New Call Diversion" button.
- Define which calls should be diverted:
Which calls should be diverted? Setting All calls to a specific telephone number
- Enable "Calls to a telephone number / telephone" and select the telephone number.
All calls from a specific person
- Enable "Calls by a person in the telephone book" and select a telephone book entry.
All calls from a specific telephone number
- Enable "Calls from the telephone number" and enter a telephone number.
All calls from callers who do not transmit their number (anonymous calls)
- Enable "All calls without a telephone number to".
- Define where the calls should be diverted to:
Important:Configure the answering machine accordingly if you want to divert anonymous calls to an internal answering machine configured in the FRITZ!Box.
Divert to where? Setting To an internal answering machine in the FRITZ!Box
- Enable the option "Divert calls to internal answering machine" and select an answering machine.
To an external telephone number (for example a different line, mobile telephone)
- Enable the option "Destination telephone number" and enter the destination call number.
To a connected telephone or an answering machine
- Enable the option "Destination call number" and enter the internal number of the device without asterisks. You can find the internal numbers under "Telephone Book > Internal Numbers". It is not possible to divert a call to more than one device.
- If you can choose between different settings in the drop-down list "Type of call diversion", for example immediately, when busy, or parallel call, select one. You cannot select a type for all call diversions.
Note:You can find further information on the different settings in the FRITZ!Box's online help, which you can access by clicking the "Help" symbol .
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
AVM Section Navigation