FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
Using a network printer in the FRITZ!Box home network
If your printer has a network port (Ethernet) and/or a wireless module, you can simply connect it to the LAN port or wireless network (WiFi) of your FRITZ!Box. The printer is then available to the entire home network. Since the printer receives print jobs directly from the other network devices (such as computers) and processes them itself, you do not have to configure any settings for the printer in the FRITZ!Box.
Enabling the DHCP server
The FRITZ!Box is configured as a DHCP server in the factory settings. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, configure the following settings:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box uses the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Allowing wireless devices to communicate
The following step is only necessary if you would like to connect the network printer to the FRITZ!Box's wireless network:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Security" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the option "The active wireless devices displayed below may communicate with each other" in the "Additional Security Settings" section.
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.
2 Configuring the network printer
The network printer needs special IP settings in order to communicate with the FRITZ!Box and other network devices in the home network:
- Configure the network printer to automatically obtain IP settings (DHCP client).
Note:You can find information on configuring the printer in its manual, or consult its manufacturer directly.
3 Connecting the network printer to the FRITZ!Box
- Use a network cable to connect the network printer to a LAN port on the FRITZ!Box,
- or, if the network printer has a wireless module:
- Connect the network printer to the FRITZ!Box's wireless network.
The network printer is now connected to the FRITZ!Box and is available to the entire home network.
Note:You can find further information on configuring the network devices (for example computers) to use the network printer in its manual, or you can consult the manufacturer directly.