FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 4020
Wireless connection is only established with 130 Mbit/s instead of 300 Mbit/s
When your wireless device (for example a notebook, smartphone, game console) establishes wireless connections (WiFi) to the FRITZ!Box according to the wireless standard 802.11n, the throughput does not exceed 130 Mbit/s.
- A throughput of 300 Mbit/s can only be achieved when channels with a bandwidth of 40 MHz are used. Some wireless devices do not support channel widths of 40 MHz or must first be configured to do so.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Checking the event log of the FRITZ!Box
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Event Log" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "WLAN" tab.
- If the message "Wireless LAN transmission quality increased by reduced channel bandwidth [...]" is displayed, follow the instructions in our guide FRITZ!Box reports "Wireless LAN transmission quality increased by reduced channel bandwidth".
2 Configuring the wireless device to use 40 MHz channels
Perform the following step if the computer's wireless network adapter or the wireless device supports wireless channels with bandwidths of 40 MHz:
Note:You can find information on configuring the device in its manual, or consult its manufacturer directly.
- Configure the wireless network adapter or the wireless device so that it uses wireless channels with bandwidths of 40 MHz.
Many Intel wireless network adapters can be configured for channels with bandwidths of 40 MHz by calling up the properties of the wireless network adapter in the Windows Device Manager and selecting "auto" for "802.11n Channel Width for band 2.4":