- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6850 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Wi-Fi network switches itself on and/or off
The FRITZ!Box's Wi-Fi network switches itself on and/or off.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
1 Checking the event log of the FRITZ!Box
The Wi-Fi network may be switched on or off accidentally because the "WLAN" button on the FRITZ!Box is pressed, for example by children or pets. Therefore, check the FRITZ!Box event log for events that occurred when the Wi-Fi network switched itself on or off:
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Event Log" in the "System" menu.
- Select "Wi-Fi" from the drop-down list.
- Check whether the message "Wi-Fi was enabled using the 'WLAN' button" or "Wi-Fi was disabled using the 'WLAN' button" is displayed.
- If the message is not displayed, continue with the next section.
- If the message is displayed, enable keylock in the FRITZ!Box user interface under "System > Buttons and LEDs > Keylock" to prevent the Wi-Fi network from being switched on or off when a button is pressed.
2 Disabling the schedule for the Wi-Fi network
A schedule for the Wi-Fi network may have been configured. If you do not want the schedule to switch the Wi-Fi network on and off, disable it:
- Click "Wi-Fi" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Schedule" in the "Wi-Fi" menu.
- Disable the option "Use schedule for Wi-Fi network".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
AVM Section Navigation