- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6850 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Sharing FRITZ!NAS contents via access link
You can use access links to easily share individual files or folders on FRITZ!NAS (http://fritz.nas) with your friends and family. The links can be opened with any web browser and do not require login information.
This way you can allow friends to access your pictures and videos from your last vacation over the internet, without allowing them to change or delete files from your FRITZ!NAS, for example.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Access links cannot be used to change or delete files. If you want to allow users to change or delete files, set up internet access to FRITZ!NAS.
- To use IPv4 internet access, the FRITZ!Box must obtain a public IPv4 address from the internet service provider.
- To use IPv6 internet access, the FRITZ!Box must obtain an IPv6 address from the internet service provider.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Enabling internet access via HTTPS
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click on "Permit Access" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "FRITZ!Box Services" tab.
- Enable the option "Internet access to the FRITZ!Box via HTTPS enabled" in the "Internet Access" section.
- If you want to use a specific port for HTTPS, enter the desired port in the field "TCP port for HTTPS".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Setting up MyFRITZ! (recommended)
We recommend setting up a free MyFRITZ! account to ensure that the access link remains functional and can be called up without your web browser displaying the certificate warning even after the public IP address of the FRITZ!Box has changed:
2 Creating an access link to FRITZ!NAS contents
- Open the FRITZ!NAS user interface (http://fritz.nas).
- Switch to the directory that contains the file or folder you want to share.
- Click the "Select" button in the FRITZ!NAS toolbar.
- Click the checkbox in front of the file or folder to mark it.
- Click the (Share) button in the FRITZ!NAS toolbar. Now the window "[...] was shared successfully" is displayed.
- If you want to restrict the validity of the access link, click "Restrict validity" and limit the access period or number of accesses.
- Click "send by email" to send the access link to the default email client on the computer. This way you can easily send the access link by email to the people you want to grant access to.
- Click "OK".
Now the people you would like to grant access to shared content to only need to click the access link to access the shared files.
Note:The files and folders that you shared are displayed in the user interface of FRITZ!NAS (http://fritz.nas) in the "Permit Access" section and can be deleted there.
AVM Section Navigation