FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
Wireless connection is not established after entering "device ownership password"
A wireless device cannot establish a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box with the "Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility" software. Intel's wireless software tries to establish the wireless connection according to the WPS method (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) using a special PIN and asks for an eight-digit "device ownership password". The software does not accept the FRITZ!Box's network key as the "device ownership password".
The following error message may be displayed:
- "Checksum validation failed for the PIN entered"
- The FRITZ!Box does not have a "device ownership password". Although the FRITZ!Box supports the WPS-PIN method, it is not enabled in the FRITZ!Box by default. Instead, the WPS-PBC method is enabled in the FRITZ!Box; it allows you to set up the wireless connection safely and automatically by pushing a button.
1 Enabling the Windows wireless service
To establish a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box, configure the computer so that it uses the Windows wireless service:
- In Windows, click "Start" and then "All programs".
- Click "Intel PROSet Wireless" and "WiFi Connection Utility".
- Click "Advanced" and enable the option "Use Windows to Manage WiFi".
- Confirm the question "Do you want Windows to manage your WiFi network connections?" with "Yes" and click "Close".
Windows now manages the wireless network adapters and you can set up a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box.