FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 3490
- FRITZ!Box 3390
Cannot operate telephony devices and voice computers remotely
Although you can make telephone calls, you cannot remotely control telephony devices or voice computers used on other lines. For example, you cannot:
- Operate the voice computer of a telephone hotline.
- Operate an answering machine on another line remotely.
- Call an answering machine connected to the FRITZ!Box and operate it remotely (for example to listen to new messages).
- Enter a PIN when using telebanking.
1 Testing different DTMF transmission methods
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the (Edit) button for the respective internet telephone number.
Important:If you cannot edit the telephone number, then the number was automatically configured in the FRITZ!Box when your internet connection was configured. It is not possible to change the settings for numbers that were automatically configured. Refer to your cable provider for further information on these telephone numbers.
- Select "Other provider" from the drop-down list, even if you are using a pre-configured internet telephony provider.
- Try different settings for the "DTMF transmission" or ask your internet telephony provider which setting you must select.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Besides these settings, the FRITZ!Box has no influence on whether the tones are distorted when they are transmitted to the line that was called. For example, if the internet telephony provider sends DTMF tones over the voice channel, individual tones can be distorted by other signals. In this case, the FRITZ!Box cannot resolve this issue.