- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6850 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
Listening to internet radio with FRITZ!Fon
You can set up a total of 40 internet radio stations in the FRITZ!Box and receive radio broadcasts from radio stations all over the world with your FRITZ!Fon.
Requirements / Restrictions
- No DECT repeaters from other manufacturers are registered with the FRITZ!Box.
- The internet radio station must be saved in the playlist format "pls" or "m3u" and point to an mp3 stream. Other formats cannot be played.
Note:This guide is valid for FRITZ!OS 7.20 or later. If you are using an earlier FRITZ!OS version, the configuration may differ or functions may not be available. You can find the FRITZ!OS version on the "Overview" page of the FRITZ!Box user interface.
1 Enabling encryption
DECT encryption must be enabled in order to use convenience functions with your FRITZ!Fon:
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "DECT" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Enable the option "Permit only secure DECT connections (recommended)" in the section "Security".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
- If the option was disabled, you must then restart the FRITZ!Box once using the user interface ("System > Backup > Restart").
2 Setting up internet radio
A number of internet radio stations are already preset in the FRITZ!Box. You can easily add additional stations:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Media Server" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Web Radio" tab.
- From the drop-down list, either select a preconfigured radio station or select "Other web radio station..." if the desired station is not listed.
Note:Preconfigured stations are automatically configured after you select them. You can use the "Edit" button to change the following settings later.
- Enter a name for the radio station in the "Name" field.
- Enter the address of the radio station in the "Web address" field.
Note:Links to many internet radio stations can be found at shoutcast.com, for example. You can copy the addresses of the stations and use the context menu to paste them into the corresponding field.
- If you registered several FRITZ!Fons with the FRITZ!Box, select the telephones you want to make the radio station available on.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
3 Listening to internet radio
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Scroll to "Internet services" and press "OK".
- "Internet radio" > "OK"
- Select a radio station and press "OK".
AVM Section Navigation