FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Selecting a different outgoing number when making a call
Depending on how they are configured, telephones connected to the FRITZ!Box automatically use a particular number to make calls. However, you can override this setting when you make a call and select a different number to use for the call. The telephone's number settings and dialing rules are then suspended for this call.
1 Configuring a telephone to use the keypad function
Keypad sequences are strings of characters and numbers that you can use to enable or disable functions. No configuration is necessary to use keypad sequences with telephones, such as FRITZ!Fon C5, that are registered with the base station of your FRITZ!Box. Before you can use them with a telephone connected to the "FON S0" port or a cordless telephone that is not registered with the FRITZ!Box's base station, you must enable the keypad function first:
- Configure the telephone so you can send keypad sequences (sequences of characters and numbers, such as *121#) and enter special characters such as * and # with it. On many telephones, you can configure this function in the menu "Operation at a PBX > Dialing options > Dial * and #".
2 Using key commands to select a different outgoing number
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Check which key command is shown in the "Preselection" column for the telephone number you want to use for the call.
- Enter the key command followed by the number you want to call.
To call the number 1234 using the second internet telephone number, enter *122#1234.