- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Wrong outgoing number is used for some calls
Sometimes the outgoing number you configured in the FRITZ!Box for a telephone is not the number it uses for making calls. Individual calls are made using the internet telephone number from a different provider, for example.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
1 Using a different outgoing number to call back
If you missed a call and want to use the FRITZ!Fon's call list to return the call, the FRITZ!Fon uses the number that to call back. However, you can use a different outgoing number to call back:
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Scroll to "Settings" and press "OK".
- "Telephony" > "OK" > "Own telephone no." > "OK"
- Select the desired outgoing telephone number.
- Click "OK" to save the setting.
Now the telephone number is shown in the display of the telephone and will be used as the outgoing number for the next call.
2 Deleting dialing rules
Dialing rules may have been configured in the FRITZ!Box that force the call to be made using a different outgoing number. Edit or delete all unsuitable dialing rules:
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Call Handling" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Dialing Rules" tab.
- Delete all of the dialing rules you want to change.
- Reconfigure the desired dialing rules.
AVM Section Navigation