FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
Some calls are made using the wrong outgoing number
When making some calls, the outgoing number configured for the telephone in the FRITZ!Box is not used. For example, individual telephone calls are made using the internet telephone number from a different provider.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Using a different outgoing number to call back
If there is a missed call in the "Call List" and you would like to use your FRITZ!Fon to call the number back, the FRITZ!Fon uses the number that was called to do so. However, you can use a different outgoing number to call back:
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Scroll to "Settings" and press "OK".
- "Telephony" > "OK" > "Own telephone no." > "OK"
- Select the desired outgoing number.
- Click "OK" to save the setting.
Now the telephone number is shown in the display of the telephone and will be used as the outgoing number for the next call.
2 Deleting dialing rules
There may be dialing rules configured in the FRITZ!Box that force the call to be made using a different outgoing number. Therefore, you must delete all unsuitable dialing rules:
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Call Handling" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Dialing Rules" tab.
- Delete all of the dialing rules you would like to change.
- Reconfigure the desired dialing rules.