FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Blocking your telephone number from being displayed
You can block your telephone number from being displayed when you make a call. That way, the person you are calling does not see your number in the display of their telephone. This function is called "caller ID blocking" or "CLIR" (Calling Line Identification Restriction). You can either block your telephone number (caller ID) for just a specific call or for all of the calls you make.
- The feature caller ID blocking on a call-by-call basis must have been enabled by your telephony provider.
1 Blocking caller ID for a specific call
You can block your caller ID for just one call. After that call, your caller ID will be displayed every time you make a call:
Configuring a telephone to use the keypad function
Keypad sequences are strings of characters and numbers that you can use to enable or disable functions. No configuration is required to use keypad sequences with telephones that are registered with the base station of your FRITZ!Box, such as FRITZ!Fon C5. If you want to use them with a telephone connected to the "FON S0" port or a cordless telephone that is not registered with the FRITZ!Box's base station, you must enable the keypad function first:
- Configure the telephone so you can send keypad sequences (sequences of characters and numbers, such as *121#) and enter special characters such as * and # with it. On many telephones, you can configure this function in the menu "Operation at a PBX > Dialing options > Dial * and #".
Blocking your caller ID for the next call
- When making a telephone call, enter *31# and then the number you want to call. Your caller ID will then be blocked for that call.
Enter *31#0301234 to block your caller ID when calling the telephone number 0301234.
2 Permanently blocking your caller ID (for all calls)
You can also permanently block your caller ID for all calls. To do so, you must enable caller ID blocking, or "CLIR" (Calling Line Identification Restriction), in the FRITZ!Box or your telephone. The procedure depends on the type of telephone you are using:
Note:If you have blocked your caller ID for all calls, you can still display your caller ID for just one call. To do so, simply enter #31# before the number, for example #31#0301234. Your caller ID will now be displayed for this call and blocked again for all other calls.
Enabling caller ID blocking for analog and cordless telephones
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the (Edit) button for the respective telephone.
- Click on the "Telephony Device Features" tab.
- Enable the option "Calling line identification restriction (CLIR)".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Enabling caller ID blocking for IP telephones
- Enable caller ID blocking directly on the IP telephone. Refer to the device's manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
Note:You can enable caller ID blocking (CLIR) in FRITZ!App Fon by tapping "More > Settings > Tel. No. Suppressed".
Enabling caller ID blocking for ISDN telephones
- Enable caller ID blocking directly on the ISDN telephone. Refer to the device's manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.