FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
FRITZ!Box USB remote connection reports "An error occurred while installing system components [...]"
Installation of the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection software on a computer with Windows 7 (64-bit) is aborted. The following error message is displayed:
"An error occurred while installing system components for fritzbox-usb-fernanschluss. Setup cannot continue until all system components have been successfully installed. Component .NET Framework 3.0 (x86) has failed to install with the following error message: This version of the .NET Framework 3.0 is not supported on a 64-bit operating system. Contact your application vendor".
- A 32-bit web browser (for example Firefox, Chrome, Safari) was used to download the FRITZ!Box remote connection software on a computer running the 64-bit version of Windows 7, or the web browser did not correctly notify the download server that a 64-bit version of Windows is being used.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Downloading and installing the correct version of the software
Use the Internet Explorer (64-bit) to install the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection software:
- Log on to the computer as the Windows user who would like to use the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection.
Important:If the user does not have administrative rights, you must enter a valid administrator password when installing or starting the software for the first time.
- Click "Start" and then "All programs".
- Start the "Internet Explorer (64 bit)".
- Open the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "USB Devices" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "USB Remote Connection" tab. If the tab is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Click the "USB remote connection software" link.
- Click "Download" in the "USB remote connection" window.
- Download the file "fritzbox-usb-fernanschluss.application".
- Double-click the file and follow the instructions on your screen.
- Repeat steps 1 - 10 for all other Windows users who would like to use the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection on this computer.