FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up an ISDN door intercom in the FRITZ!Box
You can set up an ISDN door intercom in the FRITZ!Box and then use a telephone to accept door calls, speak with visitors, and open the door.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Only functions offered by your door intercom that are implemented according to the specifications for EuroISDN/DSS1 can be used. Proprietary functions (functions not defined in this standard) made available by the door intercom cannot be used.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Connecting the door intercom
- Connect the door intercom to the "FON S0" port on the FRITZ!Box.
2 Setting up a door intercom
- Configure 99999 in the door intercom as its MSN.
Note:Automatic outside line access is deactivated for ISDN devices connected to the "FON S0" port that transmit "99999" as their MSN to the FRITZ!Box.
- If a specific telephone should ring, configure the internal telephone number of that telephone in the door intercom as the destination telephone number.
Note:You can find the internal numbers of the telephones in the FRITZ!Box user interface under "Telephone Book > Internal Numbers".
- If several telephones connected to the FRITZ!Box (call group) should ring, configure the quick-dial number, for example 701, of an internal call group as the destination telephone number.
- If all of the telephones connected to the FRITZ!Box should ring, configure 9 to make a broadcast call.